Wednesday, May 18, 2005

pchdtv.com :: View topic - pcHDTV 2.0 drivers with mythtv 0.18

pchdtv.com :: View topic - pcHDTV 2.0 drivers with mythtv 0.18: "I'm on FC3 (2.6.11smp), pcHDTV 2.0 drivers, mythtv 0.18 (from atrpms mythtv-suite). Looks to me like maybe you've got both the atsc and dvb drivers loading? I was unable to get the 2.0 atsc drivers to work with mythtv since they don't use /dev/video32 and up sockets which mythtv appearantly wants. But the dvb driver is working great.

What worked for me was to make sure FC3 doesn't try to load the atsc drivers by listing them in /etc/hotplug/blacklist. Then `modprobe cx88-dvb` which created /dev/dvb/adapter0 directory with several devices in it (I had to manually install the udev files since `make udev` didn't work for me). Then in mythtvsetup I added the capture device as a DVB card using the default device (dvb device 0?) *not* a pcHDTV and this worked for me. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home